COVID-19 INFORMATION UPDATE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
What a difference a few days makes. COVID-19 has basically shut down our city, the Province and most of Canada. Each day poses new restrictions and cancellations that are designed to eliminate the transfer of the virus. In response, Heritage Mississauga has decided to extend the closure of its offices at The Grange to April 5th, aligning with the City of Mississauga. We are available via email to support our clients and will continue to monitor the situation and take recommendations from Federal, Provincial and Municipal authorities. Take care, be safe, support your neighbours and do your part by practising self-distancing and if necessary self-isolation.
Heritage Mississauga’s building is closed, but our organization is still running
Heritage Mississauga’s office at The Grange is closed until April 5. Staff will be working remotely and continually checking our email and phone messages.
Heritage Mississauga Events
All of our in-person events until the end of April are cancelled.
- The Cultural Heritage Guide Mississauga Launch Party: Postponed
- Spring Online Auction: Coming Up April 20, 2020 – Stay Tuned For More Details
- The Credits Nominations: Get Your Votes in by May 31, 2020 – Nominate Here
Share Your Stories With Us
At this time, amidst all of the closures and evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you, our fellow Mississauga citizens, to help us capture and record this moment in time.
How is COVID-19 affecting you and your family?
What are you doing during this unprecedented time?
Please share your stories, your pictures, your experiences with us so that we can record and preserve this moment in time.
After all, this too shall pass, and in time fade from our daily discourse, but together lets capture our story.
In the meantime, be safe, be well, and please follow medical advice.
Family & Kids Activities
- Entertain Kids On A Dime (Blog) – 100 Activities To Do At Home During School Closures
- Watch Heritage Mississauga Videos
- Read Heritage Mississauga Comic Books
- Read Heritage Mississauga Booklets & Guides
- Read Heritage Mississauga Past Newsletter Issues
- Learn About Mississauga’s Heritage & History With Research Projects
Take A Heritage Walking Tour
While the coronavirus has us inside most of the day, if you decide you need time in nature, we have Heritage Walking Tours available. Please follow these pointers if you choose to get outside:
- Opt for a friendly wave over a handshake.
- Keep a space of at least two metres between yourself and others you may encounter on the trails.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after your excursion.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
Above all, if you’re feeling unwell, please stay at home and consult a medical practitioner.
If you’re in need of food but have limited mobility, please visit the Mississauga Food Bank for information about delivery options.
Please note that we are updating sections on our website over this period, so check in daily for new content and resources.
Stay Safe & Healthy,
Jayme Gaspar, Executive Director and Heritage Mississauga Staff