COVID-19 INFORMATION UPDATE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
What a difference a few days makes. COVID-19 has basically shut down our city, the Province and most of Canada. Each day poses new restrictions and cancellations that are designed to eliminate the transfer of the virus. In response, Heritage Mississauga has decided to extend the closure of its offices at The Grange to May 4th, aligning with the City of Mississauga. We are available via email to support our clients and will continue to monitor the situation and take recommendations from Federal, Provincial and Municipal authorities. Take care, be safe, support your neighbours and do your part by practising self-distancing and if necessary self-isolation.
Heritage Mississauga’s building is closed, but our organization is still running
Heritage Mississauga’s office at The Grange is closed until May 4. Staff will be working remotely and continually checking our email and phone messages.
Heritage Mississauga Events
All of our in-person events until the end of May are cancelled.
- Cultural Heritage Guide Mississauga Virtual Launch Party: April 7, 2020 @ 4pm EST Click Here To Join Us On Facebook
- Spring Online Auction: Stay Tuned For More Details
- The Credits Nominations: Rescheduled for 2021 – Learn More Here
Heritage Mississauga Weekly (Line Up of Content)
- Tuesday: Heritage News Live Video
- Wednesday: Way Back Wednesday
- Thursday: Ask A Historian
- Saturday: Matinee Movie
Share Your Stories With Us
- Staying Apart Together #aparttogether Initiative: Visit this link to learn more.
- Heritage Diversity Stories: Visit this link to learn more.
At this time, amidst all of the closures and evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you, our fellow Mississauga citizens, to help us capture and record this moment in time.
How is COVID-19 affecting you and your family?
What are you doing during this unprecedented time?
Please share your stories, your pictures, your experiences with us so that we can record and preserve this moment in time.
After all, this too shall pass, and in time fade from our daily discourse, but together lets capture our story.
In the meantime, be safe, be well, and please follow medical advice.
Family & Kids Activities From Heritage Mississauga
- Watch Heritage Mississauga Videos
- Read Heritage Mississauga Comic Books
- Read Heritage Mississauga Booklets & Guides
- Read Heritage Mississauga Past Newsletter Issues
- Learn About Mississauga’s Heritage & History With Research Projects
Family & Kids Activities We Have Found On The Web
- Entertain Kids On A Dime (Blog) – 100 Activities To Do At Home During School Closures
- My Lockdown Diary For Kids with 28 Sample Pages To Use
Virtual Museum Tours
- Callander Bay Heritage Museum in North Bay
- 5 Museum Tours
- Oliver & District Heritage Museum in Oliver, British Columbia
Take A Heritage Mississauga Walking Tour
While the coronavirus has us inside most of the day, if you decide you need time in nature, we have Heritage Mississauga Walking Tours available. Please follow these pointers if you choose to get outside:
- Opt for a friendly wave over a handshake.
- Keep a space of at least two metres between yourself and others you may encounter on the trails.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after your excursion.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
Above all, if you’re feeling unwell, please stay at home and consult a medical practitioner.
If you’re in need of food but have limited mobility, please visit the Mississauga Food Bank for information about delivery options.
Please note that we are updating sections on our website over this period, so check in daily for new content and resources.
Stay Safe & Healthy,
Jayme Gaspar, Executive Director and Heritage Mississauga Staff