Welcome to our first edition of “Ask a Historian”.
Every week Heritage Mississauga will be taking questions about the history and heritage of Mississauga which our Historian, Matthew Wilkinson, will answer on Thursday afternoons.
We know people are feeling a little stir crazy during the COVID-19 isolation and we are continuing our mandate to research, record and celebrate the diverse heritage of Mississauga.
#ApartTogether, Heritage Mississauga will continue to bethe sourcefor inquiries and curiosity about our beautiful city.
Please watch the video below for the most recent questions and answers and together we can all learn a little more about Mississauga.
QUESTIONS THIS WEEK:
- Can you tell me more about historic Burnhamthorpe Road in the 1930s and 1940s and the Shaver Family?
- What is the history of former Rifle Ranges along Lakeshore Road in Lakeview, Mississauga?
- What is the history of the vineyard and winery in Cooksville, Mississauga?
- Where does the name Mississauga come from?
- What does the name Mississauga mean?
- What is the history of the wartime houses along 5th Line West by Dundas Street West in Mississauga?
You are invited to email us questions you have about Mississauga and we encourage you to send a short (less than 1 minute) MP4 video of your question, which we may feature in one of our “Ask a Historian” videos.
Any questions not featured in our videos will receive a written response from Matthew.
We would also love to feature questions from young Mississauga residents who are curious about their city and will feature a dedicated video to these inquisitive kids.
Send your questions to us at: [email protected]